Transformation in Global 2000 Enterprises
In this initiative, we are studying transformation efforts in large enterprises, focusing on companies listed on the Forbes Global 2000 index. Transformations come in many shapes, and we seek to establish a taxonomy and be able to track progress over time.
We are interested in questions like:
- How do organizations view their external environment?
- How do enterprises set goals for their transformation?
- What categories of transformation approaches exist?
- What types of remedies and initiatives are being enacted?
- What industries are most/least ambitious?
- Who leads the transformation effort and how is it managed?
- How do we measure transformation success?
- What do winners/laggards have in common?
- What are leaders doing that can hurt/help progress?
We are currently conducting interviews with Global 2000 executives as part of an effort to develop a survey instrument. The survey will be distributed to a list of 20,000 executives.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Eythor Ivar Jonsson
External Partner: Broadcom